Montego Discuss the Mercury Montego here...

Interested in the 2008 Sable.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Hello I am in the market for a new vehicle and right now I am leaning towards the Saturn Aura because I really like its style, power, and interior. My gripes with it is lack of factory installed in dash navigation system and it doesn't offer AWD. I know the next generation is probably going to offer these features but I don't know if I can wait until 2010-2011. My Accord is nearly 14 and I don't want to keep it until it has a major breakdown.

I am drawn to the Sable since it seems very roomy on the inside and it has all the features I wanted.

Anyway here are my questions about the 2008 Mercury Sable:

Fuel Economy: I already own a Honda Ridgeline and plan on buying a Buick Enclave in the next 2-3 years and we wanted something smaller that can handle snow as well as these vehicles but with better fuel economy. I know AWD cars doesn't get amazing fuel economy but this is still an important factor.

Performance and Handling: The last generation Montego was a joke in the performance and I am glad Ford has finally updated the engine. So how well does this vehicle perform and handle? Its not the most important thing but I was hoping it would be on par with my old Accord.

Antenna: Another thing I didn't like about the last generation other than the lack of power and style was that I noticed that is had this ugly pole antenna mounted on the front right side. I didn't even know they put these are cars that cost this much. I don't care for them since they make the car look bad, are prone to vandalism, and can be damaged in a car wash. I checked it out on cars.com and it said the car does have one but I have seen a few new 2008 Sable's on the road and they don't seem to have one. So whats the deal with that?

Tires: My final question, are the OEM tires Ford puts on this vehicle work well enough with snow and the AWD system of this car?

Thats about all my questions. Thanks for the help.

Edited by: Curious1

Old 01-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

from my understanding, they redid a lot of things on the new Sable as well as the Taurus to improve what was wrong with the replacements of them for the short time.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 AM

nice rides. i drove one and it got in the high 30s on the road.