Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

Cargo Shade Question, 04 Mountaineer? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 AM
rjp
Default Cargo Shade Question, 04 Mountaineer? HELP!

Hi,
I own a 2005 Aviator, and it has the slots for a cargo shade. Lincoln said they do not make a shade for the aviator.

I was told a 04 Mountaineer cargo shade will fit (not by Lincoln) Mercury said they cant check the size because there in a box.

I have 50" inside not counting the depth for the slots, so i need a shade that will fit the 50" space, uncompressed without the pegs.

Can someone please help me? I need the width of the spring side & the side with the pegs that hold it in the covered position.

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:24 AM

I wonder why Lincoln said that when it seems as though it is set up to have that option. Hopefully someone with a Moutaineer that has the cargo canopy will post some dimensions for you. Or, there are a few guys on the site that are good at researching things like this. Did you call more than one Lincoln dealer? How about checking out some local junk-yards? Then you could measure it yourself. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 AM

I wonder why Lincoln said that when it seems as though it is set up to have that option. Hopefully someone with a Mountaineer that has the cargo canopy will post some dimensions for you. Or, there are a few guys on the site that are good at researching things like this. Did you call more than one Lincoln dealer? How about checking out some local junk-yards for one? Then you could measure it yourself. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 AM
rjp

Yes, it does seem like its set up for the shade. I did call a few dealer's & they don't make one.

I guess the interior panel is made for a Mountaineer or Explorer.
One dealer said there aren't any holes for the shade! At the Lincoln forums everyone who owns the Aviator has the holes & no shades.

Im trying to find the correct year, so i don't buy the wrong size shade by mistake.

I was told the Explorer shade will also fit. I found a few on eBay they were too wide 50-3/4" to 53"

I dont know the year for the explorer shade. Someone said there almost positive the 04 Mountaineer shade will work.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:44 AM

Maybe just ask someone on one of the Lincoln sites if they found a shade that was an exact fit (no mods to install). If so, from what make and model. Hopefully they know what they are talking about.