Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

Computer question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 AM

&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt; </>I had to go into a dealer yesterday and get a new key cylinder installed. After it was done, I checked it out and noticed the easy exit seat function was not working. So after convincing the service guy that it WAS working when I came in, the tech re-checked it and said the computer had reset itself or something happened and that was missing. So he re-enabled it. After I left the dealer I was scrolling through the menus and noticed now the auto lock function is missing from the menu. Why did he remove this? Can you only have so many menu fuinctions? The book calls for all of them, i.e seat, locks, light delay, etc.

So do I have to go back and have him put that back in? Is there any way to do without that? Not that I really need it, but I would like it to be there for maybe the next user. I think I ticked them off enough with this service call they maynot want to see me....

Reason....They overcharged me for the install. I had asked to also retrieve the door code since they were going to hookup the computer box anyway. The original person I talked to said they would throw that into the cost of the cylinder install. But they charged me for it anyway. I complained about that. Then I protested their EPA charge. What the heck is that all about? I asked who gets that money and why did they have to charge me for a simple cylinder install. Just a gimmick charge. We were not disposing hazardous materials or anything and if so, how is that money distributed. The guy tried to tell me it went to the EPA.. I said "WHAT" You have to be joking...Can the EPA collect money? I doubt it...Just another way for the dealer to get some extra $$$$. The cashier said nobody ever says anything about it. I said I was notthat stupid.

Sorry for the rant...

Thanks for any help on the above qeustion...

George-'03 Mountaineer Premier

&lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-45"; urchinTracker(); </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: GCumbee