Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

navigation cd

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Default navigation cd

just bought a used 2007 mountaineer, has navigation system. when i use gps for locating little used roads, it tells me that cannot find and to be careful. i called ford and they said that a new updated cd will cost me 149.00. My question is, can i go around them to get an updated cd, so i can save some money. appreciate a reply.
thanx, chowhound

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
rcb
Question

I just got an 08 mountaineer and I don't have anything either, been watching ebay. Can you borrow somebody elses install disk or won't it work?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Default disc

i have the 2005 disc installed, but won't locate some roads here in saginaw county, michigan. thought an up to date map dvd may show them. but new is 149.00
if you take the disc out then you have no gps, so really wouldn't help to borrow as it's not downloaded into navigation system, just reads off the disc as you're traveling.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM

that's some good info to have... think I'll stick with the hand-held variety. They update for half the price and you don't need to keep the CD.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Default right

i had bought a hand held from kohl's a month ago, used it once to go from michigan to niagara falls, worked great. then, a week later i bought this mountaineer and it had the nav. system. i sold the hand held and then realised that the merc. nav sys. doesn't locate all the roads in the far reaches of the county. so, shame on me.
lesson learned. anyway, i'm thinking that towns and roads don't change so at least this'll get me in the right direction without buying the update.