Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

New SUV

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Let me apologize for my ignorance but ive been driving cars for the last five years so im not overly familiar with SUV''s. Im lookin to find out if Explorer and Mountaineer parts are interchangeable because i want to do a 4 inch lift on the truck and cant find Mountaineer lifts anywhere. If they are out there can someone direct me to a site where i can find them?

Thanks

Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 PM

I would think so, but I''d ask a dealer. I''d take their advice (whatever it was) and not buy anything. then go home and google for explorer parts if they said it would work.

as far as I know, the frame is the same on both vehicles. The body may be different requiring different clearances though.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by slymer
I would think so, but I''''d ask a dealer. I''''d take their advice (whatever it was) and not buy anything. then go home and google for explorer parts if they said it would work.

as far as I know, the frame is the same on both vehicles. The body may be different requiring different clearances though.

Alright dude thanks for the help

Old 01-30-2009, 10:28 PM

From what I''ve heard from others with this question is that no one makes a kit, suspension or body because of the Mountaineer is a full-time 4WD with 4 wheel independent suspension. Too many angles? But I am 100% sure it can be done by a custom shop. Big $$$$$$$ though. Check into a body lift if money is a problem.