New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

01 grand marquis

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Hey, a newbie here. Bought an 01 grand marquis with only 60,000 miles and love it. Haven't owned a ford since the 65 fairlane and the 74 gran torino. anyway, i have put about 4,000 miles on my 01 and now at times it begins to shimmy while going down the road. it starts in the rear and works its way to the front. When i pulled over to check for tires or the like i smelled what seemed to be like a sticking brake rotor on the left rear. is this a common problem? I plan on taking it apart and checking out the pads, etc. According to the paper work the previous owner had alot of brake work done at 59,000. pads, rotors, etc. thanks for any input you can give.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 AM

welcome! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Don't know of any problems with the brakes on the Panther sedans. Might return to where the shop where the brakes were installed and have them do a re-check of all their work (since it was just recent).

Tires can cause the "shimmy" or vibration if not completely round...to be felt thru the driveshaft all way to the front.Tire shops can check that for you.