New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

08 mountaineer

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM
rcb
Default 08 mountaineer

Just picked up a used 08 mountaineer but I have no manuals navagation disk or code on the keypad to unlock the doors. Any help would be great. Thanks Rudy

Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM

search the threads for "unlock code" There are numerous threads pointing to various locations where the code might be located. The owners manual is available for download in PDF form from www.motorcraftservice.com. Just click on owner guides on the left and enter your vehicle info. you generally want to download the latest revision (some vehicles only have one revision while some will have 3 or more editions). as for the navigation disk, I have no clue. You may want to inquire with the dealer as to why that was not with the vehicle and whether or not they can supply you with one since the nav unit is a main selling point. Is it required to run the nav system? I would think it would just be a software update for it and it would run without it.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 PM

i had the same problem i bought my 2007 mountaineer and i did not come with the manuals or the lock codes or the navigation disk so i feel your pain,Don't go to the dealer for the disk they will over charge you and may give you a old version of the software i went to navteq.com and bought the latest version which is 8p the dealer may have 6p or 7p,and the cost was 149.00 plus 9.00 shipping and handling they will have it to you in two days.i hope this help you.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
rcb

this vehicle was purchased from a finance company that bought it from an auction. now I have a check park aid message showing?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM

that is normal when you put it in reverse it turns on your backup assist

Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
rcb

earlier when we tried it the message said check parking aid but there was no audible alarm. now we just tried it and it said on /off and it was working Will be monitoring it if this happens again thanks

Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Default deezyofphilly is right!

Originally Posted by Deezyofphilly
i had the same problem i bought my 2007 mountaineer and i did not come with the manuals or the lock codes or the navigation disk so i feel your pain,Don't go to the dealer for the disk they will over charge you and may give you a old version of the software i went to navteq.com and bought the latest version which is 8p the dealer may have 6p or 7p,and the cost was 149.00 plus 9.00 shipping and handling they will have it to you in two days.i hope this help you.
Deezyofphilly is right, except now the 8p version is out. Navteq has been promoting it as "map update month." I looked around online for feedback then bit the bullet for the $200 (plus $9-something for shipping) and it's made a difference in CT & RI with newer neighborhoods & poi. The site I got on email was www.mapupdatemonth.com. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 PM

I have an 07 mountaineer and I am looking for the security module that has the sticker with the code on it. One of the other post states that it is on the side panel of the rear passenger seat where the seat belt adjustor is. supposedly if you pull the panel off the module should be there. I am a bit skeptical because all of their answers were for years 02-05, the body changed in 06 so it may be stored somewhere else. I am going to check and let you know.