New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

2006 Grand Marquis LS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Hello!

I just purchased a 2006 Grand Marquis LS with the Ultimate package. I do not fit the typical demographic for this car purchase. I am in my early thirties and have already endured the, why are you driving a grandma car? That notwithstanding, I love this car. It is loaded with leather, sunroof, and power everything. The body on frame construction with the V-8 rear wheel drive platform reminds me of the full bodied Ford's my dad had when I was a kid. I can't describe it, but it is just a hoot to drive.

Anyway, it is cool that there is a forum for Mercury drivers. Thanks

Old 11-29-2007, 03:37 PM

That sounds like a fine MGM. Sun roof and heated seats are very nice. I just purchased a 06 LS rental, but it didn't have all the bells and whistles as yours. Just wondering how quite it is on the road. I hear some tireand wind noise. Ride is ok, but seems just a little hard.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM

There is a little road and wind noise, but it seems very quiet to me. I guess I forgot about heated seats. I do not have heated seats. It would be nice, though. I think the ride is very good. Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Another question/comment: Do you have the 6cd changer with a subwoofer? I have added the Mercury OEM 6 CD changer andsubwoofer to my car. I have good bass from the subwoofer, but very little from the other four speakers. Do you hear the same?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 PM

sounds like a nice ride [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] I like the front styling of the 06/07/08 models really well.

How's mileage so far? I'm averaging about 22-23 or so on mine. Wish it would get up around 30 hahah. Guess that's just dreaming tho [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] I kno, the led foot needs to lighten up...haha

Hope you enjoy your "new" car. These things are super nice!!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:29 PM

I have only been able to look at city mileage so far and it was high 16. I have been having a little toomuch fun[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]. I do not have the six disc CD (I wish I did). By, the way how much did it cost you to put that system in?

Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I bought mineoff ebay for $76.00. I bought the OEM subwoofer from Bob Utter Fordin Shreman, TX for $209.00. I had to add all wiring from the left side kick panel to the trunk. The wiring for the subwoofer was at the radio down to the kick panel connector.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:51 PM

</>the 04 don't have but the single deal either...wish it had the 6-disc. but with gas steadily increasing may look into a good used skateboard to get to and from school. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] problem is gonna be a little chilly without a heater [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Maybe a warm winter jacket might do tho hahah</>Edited by: 20marquis07

Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 AM

So $300 roughly put in a premium stereo. That's cool[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]! I know that you have had trouble with bass from the four regular speakers, but overall is the system better? I hear the high gas prices, I did find out something good today. My 06 is an FFV vehicle, so I can run the ethanol. I know that they get worse gas mileage but $.50-.70 cheaper a gallon will help from a psychological standpoint.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:56 PM

If gas prices dont come down I still may have to get a skateboard [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Edited by: 20marquis07

Quick Reply: 2006 Grand Marquis LS