New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

2006 Mariner - SWEET RIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:43 PM

[img]uploads/Sarge148/CF4Z6_IMGA0320.JPG[/img]

Hey all. I bought this 2006 Mercury Mariner Premier in December of 2005. Just found this website. Thought I would let everyone see this excellent vehicle and be available to answer any questions for possible future owners.

The only issue I'm having is with the additional featues of the Radio. I got the premium sound system which consissts of a 6 disk in-dash cd changer, Sirius Satellite READY (**Keyword**), and MP3 Disk compatible. The overall sound quality is absolutely the Best I have ever heard from the factory. The issues are with the Satelite and MP3 disk compatability.

First the satelite. As I said it is READY. You still have to purchase the module which is currently $350 and only available at your local dealership. I've checked with Custom Audio stores and there is not one available for the "aftermarket". I even had the place that does all of my work try the one's they used on the 2005 models and it did not work. Apparently something was changed and Mercury hasn't let that "secret" out yet. I checked with my dealer on the module and it is currently on back order till April/May 2006. So much for that.

Next, and to me the most frustrating [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img], the MP3 compatiblity. I was told by the dealer that the CD Player was able to play MP3 CD's. This is an awesome feature because you can have 6-10 cd's on one cd. That would give you 36-60 whole cd's at your fingertips with a 6 disk changer. I had this feature on an aftermarket cd player in my 2001 Taurus and fell in love with it. The thing is, I can not getany MP3 Cd's to play. I've tried different file formats, different blank cd's (cd-r and cd-rw), everything my young, technologically inclined mind could think of. My dealer says it works, he's seen it before [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img], but cannot offer me much more help than that.

If there is anyone out there who has any ideas on how to make this work please let me know. You would be right there ontop of my HERO list [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img].

If you made it this far, thanks for reading and I hope it was informational [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]. I look forward to communicating with my fellow Mercury owners. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM

Hi Sarge148,

I have an 06 Premier as well, I believe we have the same sound system too. Does your radio say anywhere on it MP3? Mine does not. It is my understanding that they have at least two models of sound systems one that plays MP3 cds and the model we have that doesn't. I checked my users manual and it talks about playing MP3's and the diagrams they have show subtle differences between the MP3 player model and what I have. Buttons that in the manual show they are labeled to do certain things related to MP3 playback are not on my sound system or if the button is there it isn't labeled to do anything for MP3 playback (hope that made sense I dont have the manual in front of me and it was a few months back that I looked at this) While MP3 playback would have be awsome I have learned to livewith out it..

Old 03-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

the dealership should be able to tell you exactly what it is by teh vin

Old 04-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Well, I just decided that I had had enough with the factory head unit and not being able to play my MP3 or satellite. So I went out and purchased a new Eclips AVN 5485 head unit. It's an AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/SAT/NAV player. Yeah, this thing does everything but cook you breakfast in the morning. I just used the navigation system to go on a road trip to Bristol, TN and it was right on the money. With the oversized opening the 6.5" touchscreen display looks like it is supposed to be there. Awesome piece. A little pricey but if you can get it, I reccomend it. I am also adding 20" rims so a new positng with pictures of all will be coming shortly...stay tuned!