New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

2011 Mercury Mariner Premier - I think something’s iffy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 02:54 AM
Default 2011 Mercury Mariner Premier - I think something’s iffy...

I’m buying a 2011 Mercury Mariner Premier from my aunt who bought it in Corry, PA, but it was made in Missouri.

Just a few things are weird.

1. It’s tuxedo black, but the interior leather is a cream color, could that possibly mean the exterior was repainted? Every Mariner I’ve seen in black has had black interior. Not a big deal to me at all, I’m just very curious.

2. It’s a 2011 Premier AWD V-6. It has a back up censor, but no middle touch screen. I’m very confused because I thought the Premier was the “fancy” version? It just has a regular radio in the middle. Again not a big deal at all, I’m just curious as to why my Mariner Premier is so different from the rest. I’ve seen a lot of the Mariner Premiers who have a full screen in their center control area where the radio is, but mine seems to be lacking this feature.

I thought maybe it wasn’t actually a Premier and someone, like a scummy auto dealer just slapped the Premier badge underneath the Mercury badge to sell it for more.

But I’ve researched my VIN and it says that it is in fact a 2011 Mercury Mariner Premier.

Some other “fancy” features it has:
Sunroof
Door keypad
and a key fob with lock and unlock buttons, etc.

I’m just really curious about my car, if anyone has any information or even a Mariner exactly like mine, let me know!

Also I don’t want to seem like I’m coming off as ungrateful or bratty, I’m just curious about my car. I absolutely love my Mariner so much. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned. Way better than my ‘06 Fusion. It handles so well in the snow, especially with the AWD.