New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

'93 Grand Ma... rquis haha.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Just updating...

Got the tire fixed but still haven't been back to get the reverse lights working. There's more problems with the trans than just that now, and I should have known there would be. Hopefully it's all covered under the warranty, but it's got some of the same symptoms of shuddering from a stop. It's also dropping from a gear around hard right hand turns and then dropping into it when straightened out. Theres considerably more 'washboard' feeling too around 35-40 mph. Busy with school now so I'll have to wait to take it in til' we have a break around thanksgiving, but I'll take it back sooner if I can.

I've installed the LED Puddle lamps and illuminated the reflectors on the trunk. There are pictures in the Gallery. Still haven't fixed the windows, but the summer's over now. Lets see how these Fuel Max tires do in the snow..

Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 PM

sounds like the trans issue may be low fluid or a torque converter that's starting to fail. My wife's 93 vic did that shuddering around 35-40 mph for a few months before we took it in. It needed clutches, torque converter, and a few other hard parts. after the rebuild though, we haven't had any issues for near 100k miles now.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by gurantee
Hello,I am new here.Nice to meet you.
Very nice to meet you. =D

As for the trans, I'm hoping warranty from the shop will cover them reopening that can of worms and that it'll last more than 100k miles such as yours!

I just broke the driver's seat the other day. Seems the bolt under my left thigh broke loose and now it's rocking. I'll have to take a look at it soon.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by slymer
the windows are probably due to the nylon plugs in the window motors disintegrating. If you replace those with ball bearings, you shouldn't have any trouble with them in the future. Also, if you get the door panel off and see that the regulator is shot (cables are loose - you can hear a grinding noise when you try to roll the windows) then you can replace those (with some work mind you, it's not real easy) for about $35-40 each. You'll have to drill out the rivets holding the window to it and the 4 rivets that mount it to the door. You will need a small grinder (dremel) to take the rivets off or a really strong drill bit. I wore out a few bits on my doors until I ponied up for a titanium carbide bit. (I think it's 1/4" bit that's needed)

the motor is a bit tough to get out of the door and mess with just due to angles involved, but is much easier to fix. remove the gear cover with a phillips driver and just remove all the loose bits of old nylon plug. I think the replacement bearings are 7/16" diameter. They might be 3/8". you might take the gear and hub parts to the hardware store to find out for sure. A smaller size than what will absolutely fit will work, but will leave more play in the mechanism. Did that on all of my doors (have an 88 Granny and a 93 vic) and they all work great now.
your avatar in another diminution?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Default 93 Grand Ma rquis haha

finding a hole in the firewall was a task and a half, I did a grand prix which is some what similar, also the seats didnt fold down, so that was also fun

Search this Thread