New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Cougar

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:09 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I have always been a Cougar fan since the day I got my driver license in 1976. I found a 67 XR7 maroon with 289 4spd. I wanted it so badly but my dad wouldn't go for it. I ended up witha 6 banger Mustang coupe. Later on I had a 77 XR7 2 door for abouta year. Too big.

I just bought a 99 today to fix up and re-sell. That was the original plan anyway. I was in the garage fiddling with it and I am getting real interested in keeping it and selling my F250 instead. I have 5 4x4 vehicles and a 89 Mustang LX 5.0, nothing that gets decent mileage.

How about talking me into keeping the Cougar. All it needs is a transmission and detailed. I paid $200.00 for it.

I

Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 AM

I like the cougars myself and as long as it does not need alot of major repairs to it, except for the transmission, I would go ahead and keep it.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Welcome BEAxxx!

I'm not talking you into it, to much risk of being blamed for it if something goes wrong. LOL

I'd say you have to make up your mind in general. Regardless whether you sell the car or not, fixing it would benefit in either way, as the resale is higher for a car that runs.

But Cougars are uniqe in their own way anyway. I'd hold on to them. Affordable to drive and maintain, not your regular Asian import, yet sporty styling. And 2 door.

Can't really say anything regarding gas mileage, as you did not indicate which engine it has.

Greetings!Edited by: 92Mercury