New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Glad to see a froum like this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Default Glad to see a froum like this.

I joined a yahoo group years ago called classic cougar's All about the cougar from the 60's to about the 80's Well back then I had a 2000 Roush edition cougar.. I really didn't fit in but they made me feel welcome anyway. I have always bin a ford kind of person. But have had a few JDM. (Mainly SUV's) but away way.

I have owned a total of 5 cougars in my life so far. the first one was a old beat to hell 1984 LS She was three shades of blue by the time I got her on the road. Had the 5.0 HO in it. And to be honest she was mainly for the motor. At the time I had a 1984 mustang that was in need of a motor transplant. But life haves a way of taking the best idea and turning it around. The transplant never happen from that car. So time went on and I picked up yet another 1984 cougar that was out of Florida. The body was in grate shape. But motor was trash. Had Valve noise at anything above 55mph. So yet another motor swap was the idea. Well by the time I had the money to do said swap. I didn't have the time to do it. Both cars got sold. But was replaced with a 1987 Cougar XR7. She was my KITT two tone Black and gray. digital Dash and power everything. She was my baby. But sadly after a year she got a rod knock when she would start. Most 5.0 for that year with 150K on the clock this was normal.. So All three cougars was put up for sale. all three sold fairly quick. I had a quick fling with A Nissan that I did enjoy. But I couldn't afford the gas. (Thanks to lift kit..) After that I came back to Ford. Had a Focus for about 3 year's. Looked to replace her due to getting tired of seeing a focus every place i was.

That's When I found my new baby. The 2000 roush edition Cougar. She was my hot rod. My sports car. By key to most of the traveling I did in 2005. But I ran in to money problems in 2008 and had to sell her.... I was lost for a wile. Was driving a 92 Isuzu trooper that I used as a winter car. The trooper found its own place in my hart. But I will leave this for another time. But I was soon on the hunt to fill the void that selling my baby left me. And that is when I found Number 5. My 2nd 2000 cougar. No she isn't a roush edition. But she is almost the same What she lacks she makes up for in fuel econ. Well I think I have said enough. Please enjoy the read. And feel free to contact me. I don't bite.... Much..