New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Didn''t buy one yet, but it is soon to come for sure.

I''m trying to get back into a GM. I had 92 before but got rid of it a few years ago, now I''m ready to get back in. 2003 seems to be the best to get in terms of chassis upgrade, which I would really appreciate, but I prefer the styling of the ''92 and the aluminum intake manifold. at the moment I''m just doing some research, wondering if the 12" brakes from the later model would at least bolt up to the earlier 90''s GM. Sucks these cars have no aftermarket support like the Caprice.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

it is possible to do the big brake swap. you just need to get a few different things from the newer models in order to do so. if i were you, i would find a 97 or 98 and it would be pretty much done and just have to do a few mods for power oppsed to having to do suspension upgrades along with the other things.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 87_Crown_Vic
it is possible to do the big brake swap. you just need to get a few different things from the newer models in order to do so. if i were you, i would find a 97 or 98 and it would be pretty much done and just have to do a few mods for power oppsed to having to do suspension upgrades along with the other things.

That is true

Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Hello

I got a Mercury because I could not find a 1991-96 Chevy Caprice.
Before this I had an 85 Crown Victoria, replaced many parts in it, including the Venturi police carb. with the Holley 4bl. open air carb. which gave the old 351cu.in. room to breathe and fly. Bad skin, rust and paint, left the state and had to give it up and still miss it. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Mercury is comfy and sweet, with all money invested in it Used, still cheaper to keep than to buy new 4-banger which in 5yrs. will be expensive to keep, where as my Mercury will be like new. Reason for that being increased new vehicle prices by 50% vs. inflation or Deflation of salaries. Still a bit underpowered and positronic rear ends would make luxury vehicles carry the weight without a problem. Any improvements in the 2002-2008 models far as that ?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:35 PM

So Im going to look at the blue94 again tomorrow

I already saw it at a dealer lot but they were closed.

Looks clean overall, now to hear how it runs. they want $950 as is

or $1500 e-tested and certified. There is another guy with a silver 97, buthe will not return my e-mails[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Ive been trying all week to get a hold of him. he wants $1300 for it. If I was to buy it, first thing to go is the foglights[img]uploads/Darkmerc/silverMGM.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/Darkmerc/MGM.jpg[/img]Edited by: Darkmerc