New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:38 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Good Morning. Just purchased a 2006 GMLS (once a Hertz rental in L.A., CA) with 17,500 on the od. Car seems to be in great shape with just a few minor problems. It doesn't have fog lights which I would like to add. They my be hard to find, none on eBay. Have a good day. Tom

Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Welcome Tom!

Buying a former rental vehicle is a good way to go. They are well maintained, and especially the MGM is in the luxury class, so the regular driver normally doesn't get access to it (what is the cheapest rental car you have available?).

No fog lights for the MGM however. They were not even offered as an option, neither on its counterpart, the Ford CW.

So you have to go with aftermarket, which means drilling holes into your bumper. Besides that it looks cheesy, your lights will be vibrating all over.

I am working on adding fog lights to mine as well. Besides the issues of the looks, I found bolts which hold the bumper cover to the inlet, which might be used to mount the fog lights.

Let us know if you have any other ideas.

Greetings!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Hello 92M. Thanks for the welcome.

I don't think I will be drilling any holes for fog-lights. I'm sure that fog-lights were offered for the 2006, I see them as an option and in the brochure. Being new,used ones my be hard to find. Not to mention the light switch to keep everything as stock as possible. Thanks for the insight.

Regards,

Tom
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>

Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Good! Cause that would be cheesy LOL

Thanks for the input on the 2006 model. I did some research, sure enough, fog lights became an option in this year (see below). I wonder how they are mounted, and if I can use the mounts somehow to fit like mine. Still, I would have to cut out the bumper.

Yes, you might have to pay full price since so new. And besides the light switch, the wiring is another issue. Very often it is the same, so you just need the switch. Don't know on the 2006.

Greetings.

[img]uploads/92Mercury/800px-Mercury-GrandMarquis.jpg[/img]

Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Here's another, not to mention also expensive, option: The factory installed fog lights on a Marauder:

[img]uploads/92Mercury/5582_4.jpg[/img]

Old 07-28-2007, 04:54 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
Just talked to our local Mercury dealer about installing fog lights. There is no fog light kit offered by Mercury. Parts costs (new) would be around $250 for two lights,light switch and some sort of a wiring harness. I'll have to search our local bone yards for the parts. If I can just get the lights/mounting brackets and light switch, the rest I can fabricate. Tom

Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM

You know what? Search for Marauder on eBay. There's a store, they sell aftermarket foglights which supposedly fit into the original factory bays. The foglights come with a bracket. Including shipping around $89.

Greetings.