New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Just joined :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by slymer
hope it sells.
Thanks

Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 AM

Whats with prostoanya927 8 post of the same thing and I got spam PM from him or her what the heck is that??

Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM

it's the admins not setting up more moderators to take care of the crap. I'm about ready to leave this forum (AGAIN) because of this crap. The admins have only anointed 87_crown_vic with the ability to fix stuff around here and he's not always around.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM

it's the admins not setting up more moderators to take care of the crap. I'm about ready to leave this forum (AGAIN) because of this crap. The admins have only anointed 87_crown_vic with the ability to fix stuff around here and he's not always around.
There is no for sale forum and people asked for the info on the car so I posted it OH NO! Why is it every forum has a (You fill in the blank) Person on it lol
Maybe your just the person that no one likes on all the forums?? Or do you just have nothing better to do but bitch ????

Im not one to fight but I was always told if you have nothing good to say just say nothing at all. Looks like many on the site that asked about it via PM and also posting they wanted to see it are happy with it. So leave them alone and me for that matter. I did nothing wrong maybe add a for sale section to the site would help??? I bet ya it would!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by thunderace31
There is no for sale forum and people asked for the info on the car so I posted it OH NO! Why is it every forum has a (You fill in the blank) Person on it lol
Maybe your just the person that no one likes on all the forums?? Or do you just have nothing better to do but bitch ????

Im not one to fight but I was always told if you have nothing good to say just say nothing at all. Looks like many on the site that asked about it via PM and also posting they wanted to see it are happy with it. So leave them alone and me for that matter. I did nothing wrong maybe add a for sale section to the site would help??? I bet ya it would!
well, you asked, and I answered. If you don't like the answer I gave, so be it. It is true that these forums only have one moderator and have had continual issues with spam because of the hands off approach of the admin(s). I don't have any power here, otherwise I would help out with the clean up (which is part of my point about the lack of moderators). I wasn't saying anything about you at all. You asked about the spammer. How you got it in your head that I was pointing anything at you is beyond me. I've only been here just about a year and even though this site has some of the best info available on the net for our vehicles, it also has one of the biggest problems with spam. This has been brought up to the admin(s) numerous times, but they don't seem to give half a wit about it which is why I think my expertise may be better stored on a site that has better control of itself. If you want to see the real bulk of the problem, go check out the general forums and show threads from beginning. go back a few pages and you'll see numerous spam threads. Other forums that I'm a user on always lock or delete those threads and remove all links to malicious sites and ban the users. One site even has a complete block on numerous blocks of IP addresses because of multiple hack attempts and spam sources. I find it hard to believe that the admin would think the amount of spam blasted here in the past 2 days would be acceptable. I've already reported it and nothing has been done (unless 87_crown_vic finally managed to get some spare time out of real life to help out the little that he can). This spam the past 2 days is actually the worst it has ever been and the one admin I have talked with said that the forum backend conversion that took place back in March would fix this kind of thing, but it hasn't. My point is that there is no real replacement for having a few good moderators. note FEW. not just ONE.

and just for the record, sometimes you need to call a rock a rock and let it be known what it is so it can be dealt with. Just being a sweet talker all the time isn't always a good thing. And if you think I have nothing better to do than to bitch, check out some of my other 1,088 posts. I've helped a lot of folks around here with plenty of stuff. I help where I can and help point out the problems, whether it's on the car or on the forums or on other issues I believe need addressing. If I'm off base, I'll get called on it and I'll shut up about it and apologize. The spam issue however is not one of those times. It kills the user experience and makes it hard for those of us that are trying to help others to actually find the posts that need addressing. I had to sift through 12 pages of threads to find this thread to answer your question earlier. At this point I'm thinking maybe I should have just let this thread drown in the spam instead of actually trying to be helpful like I usually am. *shrugs*

Maybe caring about this place as I do is lost on someone who hasn't been around here very long. Stick around and you might understand.

Last edited by slymer; 11-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:55 AM

Sorry You should have said it was about the spammer I just awsumed you were talking about my post. Witch I thought was fine since people wanted to know about the car.
Sorry for being a dick.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM

1966 It says it in the post about the car

Old 11-18-2009, 06:00 PM

and also spamming here.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 AM

got pics? everyone likes a good show and tell.
i don't like this doers thing..