New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Mercury Zephyr

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:55 AM

I not too long ago purchased a 1980 Mercury Zephyr and since have been a ford fan(other than always being a Chevy fan.) I love the car and it is in great shape....but....I don't know much about this vehicle. If there is anyone out there that can help me with anything in ex. Chassis, Suspension, Engine swaps, Etc. Anything at all cuz this car will not be keeping the originaly 2.3 N/A 4 speed too much longer before I begin to make it the drag car it screams to be.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:42 AM

Welcome!

You sure got yourself not only an "oldie", but also something very unique in these days.

You said "great shape", that certainly is an exception already. Got any pictures? What color is it?

Here's an ad for the '80s Zephyr,for the ones who don't know the car.

[img]uploads/92Mercury/MercuryZephyr80.jpg[/img]

Enjoy the show!

Greetings!Edited by: 92Mercury

Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I had an '81 Fairmont Futura with the 6 cylinder in it. Forget what cid it was though. Great car.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
i currently do not have any pictures of my prize possesion, but those are soon to come. The car is the original burgandy with the factory leather interior. The owner before me was the original owner for 27 years. I have big plans for this car first starting with a narrowed 8.8 31 spline strange axles and spool. Ladder bar brackets and coil over brackets. Anyone willing to donate some parts for this beast to become the baddest Zephyr in history let me know. LOL
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>