New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

My Mercury Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Smile My Mercury Vehicles

Greetings to all,

My name is Doug (age 52) and I'm from Belleville, ILL. A suburb of St. Louis.

I just purchased my second Mercury a month ago. Well actually my third. The first was back in 1977 when I bought a 1970 Cougar. It was a very good and reliable car. I drove it 3 years. Like a fool I sold my Cougar and the girl who bought it wrecked it within a month. What a shame. It would be worth some big bucks today. If only we had hindsight. haha.

My newly purchased Mercury is an '09 Milan V6 (not the Premier). It's Light Sage with Camel cloth interior, with 2 options: Back Up sensors and Wales Mahogany dash inserts. I wish I hadn't waited so long because all the '09 Premiers were gone. And I got a fantastic deal on this one. I like it very much. Extremely quiet ride, the base stereo with MP3 is fine. But I really miss all the automatic gadgets my previous Mercury had. Such as auto headlights, auto climate control, auto dimming rear-view mirror, outside temp display, compass, leather seats... I better stop now or I'll have to kick myself.

My previous Mercury(which I traded on the Milan) was a decked out '04 Sable which I purchased in early 2005 as a "Program Car"... probably leased. This one had it all except Sunroof. I put nearly 200,000 trouble free miles on it. It still ran and drove great but I just had an itch for a new car and the Milan has been my desire for several years now.

That's my Mercury story. So far. I'd like to hear from other old time Ford/Lincoln/Mercury owners like myself (and you younger guys and gals).

Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM

just 2 for me so far... had a 94 Topaz as my first car... now I have the 88 MGM. The Topaz ate it's drive-train at about 100K miles. Trans dropped into 1st gear while I was on the highway doing about 70. needless to say the engine was destroyed internally and the trans was toast. didn't have the funds to fix it and sold it to the highest bidder who replaced the long block and trans and letting his wife drive it who later wrecked it (about 6 months later). I've got this 88 now and other than the door mouldings missing on the passenger doors (due to a parking lot collision - no other damage to my car - the doors themselves are fine), and the usual old car upholstery syndrome (headliner drooping, faded carpet/seats, etc) it's in great running shape. Check the gallery for pics.