New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New To The Board And Happy To Be Here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Smile New To The Board And Happy To Be Here!

I've turned into a Ford Man in the sense of the old song "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Now working with flatheads, Model As and almost every kind of old Ford and Mercury I can get my hands on!

Best Ford product I've got now is my '84 Mercury Grand Marquis two door with only 54,000 miles on the clock. Got it out of an estate on the cheap because the executor said it didn't run. Well, he was right but after I had it towed home, I installed a new starter relay (Solenoid to some!), threw away the cap and rotor which looked as though they'd been hit with a blowtorch, replaced them and fired that puppy up!

I saw all this before buying the car but since I'm not in the education business, I felt no compulsion to correct the seller's misapprehensions and faulty diganoisis as he'd told me the car needed a new engine.

A new engine.

Right.

At only 54K it was a darned-near new engine!

LOL!

Got pix of the car in my album, so take a look!

Anyway, getting late in the day and the Sun is now over the yardarm, so it's time for the guys to come over to twist a few wrenches, drink a some cool ones and tell lies about how fast our cars were way back when!

Good to be here and looking forward to being a productive and helpful member!

Thanks for looking!

HotrodLincolnV12.

Last edited by HotRodLincolnV12; 06-01-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Typos, naturally!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 AM

Congrats Dude,
I need some advice from a wise one like you. I was looking at getting a Squarebody Grand Marquis-(my ex-girlfriend's dad had one and I rode in it a few times- I loved the smooth ride!), but I bought my round-body to make her a Taxi/Lo-$ Limo for local & airport runs.
My ride is a '97 Mercury Grand Marquis GS. It's got a few dents and dings. I'm working on getting her to pass emissions. I jus got an OBD-II Reader and I'll be checking the car tomorrow.
Can U offer advice once I figure out what it needs? Please share your experiece- I know it needs some help. Thanks.