New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New here - not to Grand Marquis

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 06:10 AM
Default New here - not to Grand Marquis

Hello,
" What goes around comes around." In the late '90's my wife and I leased Grand Marquis' for awhile and enjoyed every moment of them. Through the years, cars changed and so did our needs. Today, I'm again an owner of a 2000 Grand Marquis. My late neighbor left behind a GS model with just under 30k miles. I could not pass up the deal. He always had it serviced locally. For the last 2 plus years it mostly sat in his driveway. Since my ownership, much cleaning of the surface and general service and maintenance has been done.

I'm eager to get feedback on an issue that has occurred. Pretty sure it's electrical. Car will crank but not start other than idling 'warm up'. For example, went shopping a 15 minute trip at highway speeds and restart would not happen. Second time it occurred. After waiting an hour or so, it will start. Don't know if heat has anything to do with it. I will direct this issue to the proper forum for help. Right now just wanted to say hello.

jmcap