New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Looks like this area is being used for problems...I just wanted to say HEY!!! New member, 01 Cougar, 20 years as a mechanic on various cars, planes, and locomotives...after working as a mechanic on cars for ten years, I've been shade tree and hobbyist on cars for the last ten years. I do have an obd2 reader which I have found to be invaluable...but when it comes to noises, you can't beat a piece of tubing...

Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Welcome!

Well, it's being used (or abused) for other things as well. Once "problems" are fixed, it becomes a playground. Talk about adding or modifying, making your ride unique.

Greetings!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:34 AM

Thanks 92Merc!

Although I was a bit blunt and didn't expound because I was in a hurry, myintent was to say that this seems like a pretty relaxed environment. As well as asking questions, I will post regularly with what I learn and help whenever I can. My 01 Cougar is my toy so I will looking at some modding too! Expect me to stay on topic though...makes it easier for everyone to find the help that they need...

No Worries!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM

Relaxed, you got that right. I would think mainly because there's not a whole lot going on. It has it's advantages though, at least if you have 1 or 2 who "stay on target".

I like your intentions to "post regularly what you learn". This might help others. Thus many new ones don't even introduce themselves, nor use the search function first. Too bad if you can't read or follow basic behaviors.

Yes, stay in touch, many things are similar, regardless of what kind of model you drive. I just posted instructions on how to rebuild the power window gear, which is similar on many models.

Greetings!