New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New member from Luxembourg / Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Default New member from Luxembourg / Europe

Dear forum members. Sorry, but my english is not so good. I'm European, born in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. It's a small monarchy between Germany, France and Belgium. A very nice and rich country with 500.000 peoples. Actually I live in Germany,on the luxembourgish border near the US Air Force base Spangdahlem. I speak currently luxembourgish, german and french and a little bit of english. I never learned english at the school but I have some american friends. One of my daughters live in the states in Seattle.
Here in Germany i'm a special man . The worlds best cars come from Germany. Mercedes, Porsche, Bmw, Audi and others. But, I love only american cars an I dislike all the others. In my garage and around my house you can find some american cars, flags and memorabilia. Since 30 years I imported my american cars myself. I had some Camaro's, Trans Am's, Cadillacs, Buick's and Jeeps. Actually I drive a Lincoln Mark 8 (a very fast car) and a Jeep Commander.
In december last year I bought a Mercury Grand Marquis, year 2003 from Texas.
Last friday the car arrived at the harbor in Bremerhaven/Germany. The car drives good, but I have one complicated problem.
When driving with the headlights, those are going out after a laps of time. But the headlight flasher functions if I pull on the flasher lever. The parking lights are also ok. In the Ford workshop/garage the electrician found no errors. I changed the car battery, but the problem is still the same.
Could you please help me by giving me some advice.
Thank you a lot in advance.
Best regards.
Can you help me and give me some advice.
Thank you.
Robert, one of the fiew US car drivers and enthusiasts in Germany

Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 AM

Welcome aboard! Its a very good and friendly site.enjoy your stay and do share if you have any problem.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 AM

That is different. The EU wants to expand, and is giving opportunity to those who want to work in order to faciltate the expansion of the EU. NAFTA is a lot looser in terms of restriction and economic integration than the EU. We have requirements that immigrants must meet.