New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New member saying hi!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Hi!! I have a 1993 Mercury Villager. It was my wifes until it snapped a timing belt. Now its sitting in my garage. Which makes it fair game for me. Sounds weird. Fine. I have some fine plans in mind. A turbo, possibly. Maybe a supercharger from a T'bird Super Coupe. It needs to be lowered with some suspension mods for better weight handling. Anyways. Hi people.

Edited by: Bowesmobile

Old 02-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Wow 11 views and not a single person to welcome me...

Old 03-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Welcome to the forums Bowes!

Old 05-26-2007, 05:03 PM

Don't know if I am at the correct site, but I have some thoughts on Ford Mercury.Since Ford will have the Edge and Flex vehicles they should give the Freestyle to Mercury only and instead of calling it the Sable X they should call it the Messenger.

Take the Mustang platform and make a Merc Cougar out of it by using ONLY the new V6 from the Edge and the six speed tranny from the five Hundred. Load it with sound deadening material like the Edge and NEW Taurus. it would be a refined sports car compared to the Mustang being a muscle car with different engine choices.Charge the same price as the Mustng V8. Give it a lift up hatch back for greater utility.

Instead of dropping the Crown vic /Grand Marquis they should make it better with the Mustang V8 with six speed tranny from the Five Hundredand add active cylider management for better mpg and improve the aerodynamics and make it lighter by changing some of the parts to aluminum. Make the back seat fold down.Now you have a Five Hundred sized car but with rear wheel drive and V8 power.People might not even want a rebate to buy it.

Ford needs a Focus hybrid wagon. Or make it a Mercury only car and call it the Masterpeace. then Ford would have the sedan and coupe and Mercury would have a hybrid wagon with better mpg and lower price than the Escape/Mariner.

I think theese things would boost Fords bottom line and save the Mercury brand.