New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to your forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 06:22 PM
Talking New to your forum

I am new here, and hope to get information. I have a 1971 Seaswirl with a 160 hp Mercruiser. I also have a 2003 9.9 Mercury Big Foot kicker motor. I haven't put in the water for two years because I couldn't find a pump to raise the out drive. They don't make them, they don't rebuild them, they don't have a kit to rebuild it, they don't have a retrofit to replace it! So, I found one, used no warranty, took a chance and it worked. Now I have an issue with the kicker. No water coming out of the pee hole! I have changed the pump impellers and am now getting water up to the point where it goes into the engine but it doesn't circulate, I put my air hose to the hole where the tube goes into the engine and get a lot of back pressure. Don't know anything about where it goes from there. I am out of answers, so if anyone knows what could be causing this it would be appreciated before I send to the marine mechanic and pay a good portion of my life savings! LOL!