News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings! Just take a look...

How old is MF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM

So how long has MF been around? I notice there does not appear to be much activity in any of the forums.....I was just curious what the reason for that was? Brand new site? Just not that many Merc owners? Waiting for the word to spread?

I like the looks of the site...and with the new addition of a 96 Marquis to my all Ford family I hope to be around here learning all the tricks.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:33 PM

According to the old forum user list, the oldest posts are from 2004.

A forum is only as good as it's members, and their postings. Many just show up, don't even introduce themselves, and then disappear.

What I like about this site is that there is not much of the "crazy" stuff around, more like being focused on the main issues. Sort of keeping the vehicles running, instead of installing subwoofers and other items, but then not having the funds to do proper maintenance or getting checks done.

So its up to everyone, you included, to make a change.

Greetings!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 92Mercury
A forum is only as good as it's members, and their postings. Many just show up, don't even introduce themselves, and then disappear.

I know all about that. I moderate several forums in on a Ford site that's more than half a million members strong. That's why I asked....I assumed this board was still very young, and it is.

Don't worry about me...I'll be around [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Oh...and speaking of moderators. Does this site have any? I noticed the Engine&Internals forum has two on topic thread and about 49 by the same spammer. Somebody needs to clear that forum and block the IP.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:06 PM

I don't know about the age, I was only able to look up the oldest posts from what they call "the old forum". Don't know if that is it, or if other records were lost during the war. [img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]

Yeah, spamming is an issue on here, there are weeks when those are the only postings. I send a PM to one of the admins, never received an answer.

I guess we have to live with it, since we don't have rights to delete or block these members.

Good to see that you're still around.

Greetings!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM

It's interesting that the administrator hasn't posted since August. I wonder who is supposed to be running this show?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Well, if they have nothing to ad.

You wonder who is running this show? That would be --->[img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]

LOL

What other Ford's do you have in your family?

Greetings!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BFM70
I wonder who is supposed to be running this show?

kinda wondered the same, and figured it was 92merc [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

oh, and most likely i'll be driving around in a marquis for a while too, dont see any changes in the near (or far) future [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2007, 05:15 PM

Running a show? That's hard to do.

People seem to have no trouble spending time to register, then just posting a question, and take off. Not even taking time to introduce themselves.

I don't expect anyone to jump when I have a question. But once the wounds are healed (from cuts and bruises when pulling out the arms from in between engine or dash), I'd like to share, and not just give it away.

It's all about giving. And hopefully receiving sometimes.

Anyway 20Mxxx, keep on going, the forum hasn't been that active in, well, hm, ....... a long time! LOL

Greetings!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

I am taking a break from work for a few minutes and was reading thru some of the forums. Since I am new the ford scene, last ford I owned was a 78 T-bird and that was over fifteen years ago, I am more into keeping them running will subtle changes. I plan to add a cb, fog lights and maybe some kind of grille guard eventually.

Quick Reply: How old is MF?