Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

sad day today...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Unhappy sad day today...

i went outside to double check some work i did on my 1987 Grand Marquis. the work i did to it was replaceing a bad freeze plug on back side of driver cylinder head. i installed one of them expandable rubber types since there was no clearance for standard freeze plug.

as i am walking to the car i see my dog, Oggie laying behind my pair of '87 Crown Victoria 2 doors. i say his name and no movement, i say his name more aggressively and yet nothing. i walk over and find he is dead. by this time i am pissed and call my girlfriend to let her know of the sad news. i have had my dog going on 3 years next month. he has been shot twice and had a leg amputated. he was most loyal dog and biggest we had. he went through alot while being with me, but i didnt want to see him go like this. what i think happened is he was hit by a car maybe and hopped off road on his own. when i found hime, he was still warm so i know i had just missed whoever hit him. it frustrates me to no end. my automotive supervisor is now gone. he used to lay next to the cars while i worked on them watching me.

you will be missed much Oggie, thanks for being such a loyal dog and friend to me.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM

wow... awesome dog. sad day indeed.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

he was a german shepard rottweiller mix. he had head and tail of german shepard and body that looked like a lab. i am trying to find pictures, but pictures i had of him recently were on a computer that crashed and i had no backup. i have a grave being dug as i type this that i am working on. he is in trailer of the yard tractor awaiting burial. it hurts that he went out like this. he was a tough dog and when we took him for amputation of his leg, we found out he was shot twice. buckshot all over him and a .22 that had shattered his right front leg above his elbow. many said to put him down instead, but i couldnt do it. Oggie was my guard dog and even the police knew to watch out for him if they ever came to my house. he was a big dog and shouldnt have gone at such a young age.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:00 AM

Sorry to hear. My condolences. It's hard when the saying "man's best friend" rings true.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

well... its been one week since i lost my buddy... anytime i am outside i think he will be running around the corner of the house to greet me, or when i go in the garage that he will come in and lay down by me. it is so hard to take in. my girlfriend says we arent going to get another dog period. so i am bummed right now. i would like to find another like my buddy, that way i have company. if i ever did get another dog, it wont be for a while since i still have to get over the fact of losing my lil shadow.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 AM

Im sorry to hear..

Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

looks like my girlfriend's son has his dog and room mate has his... my girlfriend is saying she will be getting 3 or 4 pot bellied pigs as pets now... i aint over my dog yet...

Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM

sorry to hear that man, its definitely tough when this happens.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:39 AM

sorry to hear that man

Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 AM

today I lost my mobile phone i phone... I am very sad today... I love my mobile very much..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sad day today...