Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

94 Sabel 3.8, No Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 07:10 PM

We have a 94 Sabel here at the shop that I am having some trouble with. The proble originated w/ a no start and would not turn over. After replacing the starter it fired right up but was missing on 2 cylinders. I fixed the miss with a rotor button, plugs, and wires. The car started and ran fine after that. The next day the radiator was shipped in from the parts house so we proceded to take it out. I fired the car up that morning and let it warm up then shut it off. I then r&r the radiator. After that it would not start. There is fuel pressure, but no spark. Upon further investigation the customer say it has been doing this for a while. He states the car will some times shut off while driving and not start back. I have rplaced the coil and checked the ICM which checks out fine per Auto Zone. I am not getting any power to the ICM from the harness but I have good grounds. Does anyone know have any suggestions? I currenty have the distributor out and am rplacing the TFI but I have no idea if this could fix it. At this point I am down to throwing parts at the car. Help please!!!