Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

Door ringer contact

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Default Door ringer contact

I am looking for a replacement part to go with my new lock cylinder. The sensor switch to make the bell ring when you leave your key in the switch and open the door is broken.

It is a little curved plastic piece with a brass metal strip. The curved plastic piece fits on the outside of the casting that holds the lock cylinder. The brass strip goes inside.

When the key and cylinder are turned to the off position, but you don't take out the key, the brass strip makes contact with a brass strip on the ignition lock cylinder and causes the bell to ring.

The curved plastic part with brass strip has a part number: A F0V8(B?)-11A128-AA. It is part of a larger harness assembly that travels up along the steering column on the right-hand side.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find this part (or an alternate number?)?

Thanks,

Neal

Attached Thumbnails Door ringer contact-p4201083-small.jpg   Door ringer contact-p4201085-small.jpg   Door ringer contact-p4201088-small.jpg   Door ringer contact-p4201089-small.jpg  

Last edited by wnlewis; 04-20-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: ad pictures