Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

DPFE Sensor 2002 Sable V6 DOHC 24V

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 AM

Hello everybody I am new here and after sitting outside all day trying to figure out where the crackheads that engineered the 2002 Mercury Sable V6 DOHC 24V put the DPFE sensor I finally found it... this sensor seems to be a very common problem in these cars, its not exactly a costly fix you can get a new sensor from autozone for about $45.00 tax included but after sitting here all day looking for this sensor that is pretty much hidden and with no information what so ever on the location of this sensor for this exact car on the internet period, I even looked through the haynes and chiltons manuals with absolutely zero luck when it came to this car I now am here to end somebody elses future headache that they may encounter.... When looking straight ahead at the car this sensor sits just to the right of the distributor between the engine and the firewall it has 2 vaccum lines going to it that have insulation on the top portion that connects to the sensors inlets and if it is like mine it will probably be stuck in there pretty good so your best bet would be to pry it out with a very long screw driver using your engine as leverage because unless you have some small forearms its gonna be a b*tch to get to and pull out the old sensor is smaller then the new one that you will be installing and more of a square shape then the rectangular DPFE sensor you just bought. It is also not mounted to anything it just sits freely on the top of the 2 vaccum lines, the factory wiring harness has a gray plug that plugs into the sensor, it is a 3 prong plug also when you get done dont forget to disconnect your negative battery cable for 1 minute to reset your comp and clear the trouble code... If you run into this problem and need any type of help my e-mail address is tha_fharmacist@yahoo.com you can e-mail me for anything, questions and if needed ill try and take some pics for you... this is a serious problem this sensor going bad will make your cars power and fuel economy go down dramatically it will make your car run like sh*t, if you see that you have an egr problem do not hesitate to get this fixed... I think I covered everything I wanted to say now lol good luck to all of you[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]