Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

haywire

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Default haywire

I recently had my heads replaced and when I got the car back it had a few bugs that worked themselves out. Or so I thought. In reverse the radio would turnoff and the power windows wouldn't work. Within a week or so this problem vanished. I started having a problem with overheating and losing water which ended up being my water pump leaking and a bad cap. So I got that replaced and it was running fine until I turned the ac on and it made the temp gage read that it was running hot. After turning the ac off the gage went back down to normal within 30 seconds. I just have not been running the ac. Now the problem that I'm stuck with now is the wires and bolt on my alterator have melted off. I pulled over because my airbag light came on and that happened to me previously just before the car died. Also, my passenger brake light qit working but it's not a bad bulb. I don't know if there is a short somewhere or where to even start with it anymore. I'm not rich so taking it to the shop is not an option right now. If anyone has any advice for me please help!