Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

supercharger

Old 07-31-2008, 12:21 PM

ok so i have a 1995 mercury sable 3.8 v-6..is htere any that i could supercharge it? havent found one for it online yet..

Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Some of the older T-Birds were 3.8L w/turbochargers. I think that you would have a better chance with that than trying to find a kit to supercharge it. If you are looking for more horsepower, look at your local junkyards for a SHO engine. They were actually built by Yamaha and were good for 220 horse that year I think. I would look for the whole unit with a 5-speed manual for maybe a little more performance. Anymore than that would be getting real pricey.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:40 PM

superchargers are nice, but nitros is better. ZEX sells a computer managed fail safe system that installs in about 4 hours. It is power on demand. You can easily and safely add 80 h.p to this and it would be much more them the supercharger would offer. also it is cheaper and less maintence.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:27 PM

I disagree with the nitrous idea. The heat generated by injecting nitrous into an engine that already melts head gaskets stock is a bad idea. Plus the tranny probs those cars had, would only suffer under the duress of an extra 80 h.p. I think if you want a Ford family sedan hot rod, go find a Taurus SHO. Sables are not made to hop up witout upgrading everything from brakes to suspension to cooling and computer re-programming. Just imagine the torque steer!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM

why even put a supercharger on it then if they are bad motors to start with?

the way i look at it, if you are going to put a new motor, trans, computer, new harness, gauges fabricating mounts and firewalls for 220 h.pform a different car into your car, why not just buy the other car and leave it at that. it is cheaper and easier.

or put nitros on it since these motors blow up anyway! Personally, A 50-75 h.p kit is safe. Check out ZEX nitros.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 PM

get a thickhead gasket or buy a copper one if you are worried about blowing the head gasket.then through on the nitros for the best fastest and cheapest horsepower you ever had at the push of a button.

Nitros is very misunderstood by many people. usually they never used it. Years ago it was a not great, but with technology and new kits they are fail safe if you do not get greedy with the added horsepower. the key is not to add a huge amount. 50-75 h.p is not a huge amount.Edited by: jason sereiko

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM

First of all I was against the supercharger from the start. Read the entry. Second of all you can''t double up head gaskets. Change the firewall? My overall take was that is bad idea to soup up a family car that cannot handle it. I ended with "go buy a SHO." If you want to condone nitro-injected Sables that''s your take on it.I say leave the nitrous for rice rocket racers and vehicles that are made, and have engines equipped to "easily and safely add 80 h.p." as you put it. I have no more to say on this unproductive subject.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM

yes putting in a SHO motor in this car will require fabricating the firewall, mounts for the radiator and the proper gauges to fit.

But is you still want to keep your ride and add some flavor with fun, then put on the nitros.Edited by: jason sereiko

Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 PM

You are starting to **** me off now. It is not a touchy subject Jason. And another thing , it is spelt NITROUS. Like I said before I am done talking about this unprodutive subject that will never see the light of day. O.K.?

Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 PM

let him add some power for the love of racing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: supercharger