Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Mercurys, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Sound systems... Do you have one?

Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Default Sound systems... Do you have one?

I was just wondering if any of you had a system in your mercury if so and you would like to share then feel free to share with me what you got...
i have...
2 5 by 7 2 way memphis speakers
2 6 by 9 3 way memphis speakers
2 15in memphis power reference subs
memphis wiring kit
coustic class d 400 watt amp
farienhiet pop up dvd cd player bluetooth navigation tv ready 7 in touch screen

Again, if you have a system feel free to post what you have...

Old 09-21-2009, 04:01 PM

you've seen mine, but for others, check this thread over in the AV section

Old 09-21-2009, 08:31 PM

yeh ive seen yours and its pretty neat... hope others share what they have... i know were not the only ones who have the bump...

Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM

now i know that me and slymer are not the only ones on this forum that have the bump going on... dont be shy... brag bout your system...

Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM

JVC Head Unit
2 JVC 6x8s in the front
2 JVC 6x9s in the rear
Soldered connections

I have two 10" Kickers I could install and a 500 watt amp, but I haven't had the time to plan and execute. I'd really like a ported enclosure in the middle of the back seat. The woofer on top and port(s) on the bottom.

I'd also like to hook all the speakers up to the amp, but I don't mind the power coming from the head unit now.

In my S10, I had two Pioneer 6 1/2"s in the doors and the two kickers behind the seat. Loved that truck.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM

i hear ya... if you wanted to hook up your amp to the subs i have another amp that you could your speaker to it so you dont over ride your amp.... ill sell it to you pretty cheap if you want... jus let me know...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:29 PM

How do I get the powercables for my sub from the battery in the front into the trunk? Whitch way did you go?

thx Patrick

Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM

if you are really good with threading wires, you could always run them through the frame rails, but it would probably be better to run them through the firewall, down behind the dash and along the side under the edge floor moulding. once you get to the back seat, there's a pretty straight shot behind the back seat into the trunk.

I mounted my amp under the passenger seat since it's not a power seat (more room) and just ran the speaker wires into the trunk.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 PM

run the wire through the back seat and go down the side of your vehicle where the plastic trimming is and pop that up and tuck your wire under there (make sure you do this on the driver side) then run it up the plastic piece that your emergency brake is near and run it through the motor....

Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the help guys !! ... run it up the plastic piece that your emergency brake is near and run it through the motor.... works on a '89 grand marquis ?

thx !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sound systems... Do you have one?