General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Where do you get gas, Where don;t you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Default Where do you get gas, Where don;t you?

I had a brief posting in the Grand Marquis section about gas, where I buy it and am fine, and where I will never buy it, and the issues it causes.. Just thought it woulf be nice to hear what other people have encountered in there neck of the woods.. I'm located in Central PA so I'm sure somce of these places are not in your area..

THe Good:
Unimart
BP
Mobile
Citgo - Contains no ethanol in this area
Rutters

Not bad not great
Weis Markets - No major problems, other an possibly a slight mpg drop
Giant - Same as Weis
Rutters - Same as Weis

THe bad:
Sheetz - Luck of the draw really, sometimes it's ok, otherwise anything from stalling, hard starting, pinging, bad milage
Sunoco - Really bad milage consistantly, pingng as well
Wal-Mart - Same as Sheetz

Last edited by maxfax3; 09-21-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 AM

i agree with you all the way... in my opinion i think bp is the over all best... down here in north carolina we have marathon gas and its horrible.... worse than sheetz or walmart...

Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM

The Budget friendly:
Racetrack - rarely have any issues - occationally just a tad weak and no detergents so gotta run some injector cleaner once a year or so.
QuickTrip - so far so good.
Wal-Mart - same as Racetrack

The budget unfriendly:
Exxon/Mobile
Chevron
Valero
Shell

The Bad:
any mom/pop corner store - crap shoot
all the Racetrack wanna-bes

I've never seen any noticeable variance in gas mileage between vendors here in Texas unless water built up in the tank for some odd reason.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM

i have to travel quite a lot every day and when i used marathon gas which i hat i was spending about 100 dollars a week in gas... then i found out about bp gas which i love now and i spend 40 a week... and i travel alot...

Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM

yeah... most of my driving is around town, just to and from work.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:06 PM

yeh... well i stay with my father some because he has health problems and its a pretty good drive from his house to work and then back down there... but i am impressed on what bp gas has done to my car far as gas mileage...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM

I suspect the poor milage stems from the amount of ethanol and the fact that we still seem to have some stale gas floating around from last summer in the distribution network... Last fall and spring were horrid for fuel quality.. A few places you could smell how stale it was right out of the pump...

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM

well its a shame how expensive it is... it should be dirt cheap...

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Amen to that.. Although in some ways I'm glad the price didn't completely bottom out.. It woudl have been a good economic boost, but the vicious cycle that it is, the prices would end up skyrocketing even higher again... Plus it kas kept people's eyes open to the fact that a bit of sensable driving saves alot... Which in turn again helps keep the demand and price down.. Vicious I tell you...

Old 09-23-2009, 11:43 PM

moto mart, shell, and bp are great here in central illinois. wal-mart, citgo, and circle k you take your chances.
thortons, harper, and quik-n-ez crappy mileage, hard starting, pinging, and filter clogging.
bp and shell are my preferences.

Quick Reply: Where do you get gas, Where don;t you?