'01 MGM A/C drain plugged - Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Question '01 MGM A/C drain plugged

New member. My 01 MGM is leaking moisture into cabin thru passinger side firewall. No rain, but still getting wet. I figure it must be a plugged A/C evaporator drain, But I can't figure out on how to unplug it. I tried blowing air down thru the outside air intake well under the wiper cowling but go no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Do not know specifically about a 01MGM, but what I would do is go under the car, find the rubber A/C condensate drain hose and run a flexiable tube or wire through the drain hose. If no hose is present, then it is quite possible it fell off and the A/C is draining into the cabin. You will need to replace the hose.

Last edited by Gray2k1; 01-04-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been under the car to try your idea. There is no hose. There is a spout coming from the firewall under the housing that encompases the blower moter, heater core lines, and A/C lines. I tried running a wire into it with no results. The spout is not quite round, the top of it is flat, the bottom 2/3s is like any pipe. Because of it's location, it is impossible to feed a flexable wire into it. I used a stiff wire but could only insert it about 1 1/2 inch straight in not up. Am I going to have to take the dash apart to get to the drain?