Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

08 ran great - blowout hit ecm & now it sucks - pls hlp

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 01:47 PM
Unhappy 08 ran great - blowout hit ecm & now it sucks - pls hlp

My 08 LS ran great until my front driver side tire blew, ripped out the wheel well and apparently damaged the ECM. After the blowout I reseated the connections on the ECM and suddenly had a variety of issues including difficulty accelerating, alternating between acting as though the gas pedal wasnt being depressed at all to hitting high RPMs but not wanting to accelerate, the AC stopped blowing cold, lightly touching the brakes would cause them to lock up and other wonderful difficulties. I replaced the ECM and the first time I drove around the block it ran fine and I thought I had it all fixed. The second time I tried driving it, every single *@&%*$*!* issue had returned.

I have spent hours looking for anything that might be loose or damaged and I am unable to find anything wrong. Running an OBD2 scanner basically results in like every code in the book being reported.

bought this car about a month and a half ago after it had sat for a couple of years and was left with the windows down and just badly neglected. I spent a month and a week pouring time and energy and TLC into what became the first decent running, comfortable and nice vehicle I've been able to afford in a couple of decades. I scrubbed so much nasty crap of this car, like literally a solid week of hours just cleaning it on top of figuring out the mechanical issues it had and fixing them (a couple of misfiring plugs, bad coil packs, a leaking gas tank, etc) to get to the point where it looked and ran great for one week....then had this blowout and it all went to hell.

I have tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery, touching the leads together and things I read online. I don't know what else to do at this point. It occasionally runs great for a couple of minutes if I disconnect/reset/reconnect ECM/battery before it returns to ****ville. There is no way that all of these mechanical issues suddenly happened at once at the same time as the blowout but Ive replaced the only thing I can fathom that would affect all these systems at once and it did not fix the problem.

Can anyone please advise me in diagnosing this disaster before I just slowly and erratically with a hot air blowing AC drive it off a ****'n bridge?

Old 07-08-2021, 10:47 PM

p0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Low
p0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
p0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
p0155 - Heating Element Failed
p0161 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
p0403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Control Circuit
p0443 - Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit
p0731 - Gear 1 Incorrect RatioTorque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
p0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit/Open
P0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
P0748 - Pressure Control Solenoid "A" Electrical