Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Experience with Trick Flow components

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 05:18 PM
Default Experience with Trick Flow components

I'm finally in a place to be able to make my 2000 Marquis everything I want it to be and am looking at several components from Trick Flow, including their upper plenum and cylinder heads. Can anyone tell me what I may be looking at in terms of modifying anything to get it all to work together?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:21 PM

You are gonna wanna get a Trick Cam to go with the hi-flow heads.
SummitRacing.com has a good selection of cams and heads for your 4.6-liter engine.
Good Luck !!
Not to be a buzz-kill, BUT -- you'll spend A LOT of time and money to make your Grand Marquis go faster, and it will NEVER be "fast enough", because a 2-ton car just won't go very fast off the line, PERIOD.
I've spent seventeen (17) years in restoring and modifying the famous 95 MERC, with a goal of a fast, safe, comfortable touring sedan for long-distance, high-speed touring of the deserts and mountains of the American West.
TIP: Dollar-for-dollar, you can't beat a B&M Shift Kit for lowering your E.T.s at the strip.
1995 Grand Marquis Restoration - Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (1)

Old 06-02-2022, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 95 MERC
You are gonna wanna get a Trick Cam to go with the hi-flow heads.
SummitRacing.com has a good selection of cams and heads for your 4.6-liter engine.
Good Luck !!
Not to be a buzz-kill, BUT -- you'll spend A LOT of time and money to make your Grand Marquis go faster, and it will NEVER be "fast enough", because a 2-ton car just won't go very fast off the line, PERIOD.
I've spent seventeen (17) years in restoring and modifying the famous 95 MERC, with a goal of a fast, safe, comfortable touring sedan for long-distance, high-speed touring of the deserts and mountains of the American West.
TIP: Dollar-for-dollar, you can't beat a B&M Shift Kit for lowering your E.T.s at the strip.
1995 Grand Marquis Restoration - Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (1)
Thanks for replying! Yeah, I know my exceedingly comfortable two-ton tub won't ever be fast, and I'm good with that. I just want more than she has stock. I just got off the phone with Chris from ADTR, talking about sway bars and such. My goal is to improve her handling - former sportbike guy here - and add enough power, mostly midrange with Modular Head Shop's Stage 1 cam, because it's optimized for the Twisted Wedge heads, to make her lunge forward with more authority. Summit Racing is going to make some bank off of me, for real.
Thanks again!