Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

fogs on an 06

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:01 PM

was just wondering, my 06 LS doesn't have fog lights...I see that the 07s and 08s have fogs on the LS and some GS's. Must have been an option for 06 on all models.

Anybody else have an 06 LS without fogs?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 AM

Yes. Mine came without fogs. I installed them and working fine. They show up on eBay often, so check there for both sides. It may take a month or two to get a pair. Just remove the black out panels and install the fog with same screws. I installed them as if they were factory installed. First, replace the light switch with the fog light option. You can access two wires under the dash for relay and light module control. You really need a wiring diagram to understand where and why you connect the wires. Mounted a relay (Wal-Mart fog light relay) near the battery junction box under hood where all wires met -light switch, light module signal, and fog power wiring. It is simple to do once you understand the wiring. Using the factory hook up, the fogs go off on high beam. If just using a separate switch fogs are on all times. I think there is a law that requires fogs off on high beams (?).

I could email you a page from the wiring diagram manual to show how I did it. Tom

Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Thanks man....i'll check ebay for the lights. I have a friend who probably would help me install them. I know from the dealer they would be really expensive and ebay prices a lot less.

I dont care for the black panels on the front, even just having non-working fogs would be 100% better looking IMO.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Glad to help. I ran a week or so with non-working fogs just for the better look you pointed out. As I said, invest in a wiring diagram manual (eBay) it will be a great help and trace out all fog lamp wiring. I saw a fog sell on eBay just last week for 2.99. You will have to watch for listing every day for a while, so don't be impatient. This will give you time to do the wiring. Oh yeah, go to your junk yard find the fog lamp connector and wiring, and maybe the light switch too. The lamp connector is common to many Ford products. Get the longest wire length you can find. Some 1/4" and 3/8" wire loom will make a professional installation. Keep me posted on your progress. Tom

Old 03-26-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Duffy
Glad to help. I ran a week or so with non-working fogs just for the better look you pointed out. As I said, invest in a wiring diagram manual (eBay) it will be a great help and trace out all fog lamp wiring. I saw a fog sell on eBay just last week for 2.99. You will have to watch for listing every day for a while, so don't be impatient. This will give you time to do the wiring. Oh yeah, go to your junk yard find the fog lamp connector and wiring, and maybe the light switch too. The lamp connector is common to many Ford products. Get the longest wire length you can find. Some 1/4" and 3/8" wire loom will make a professional installation. Keep me posted on your progress. Tom
Thanks a lot...i'll be doing this little at a time...the next few months is kinda busy with work, so probably be closer to summer (or in summer) when i do it haha

Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM

My 06 didn't have them either... although, the black out panels aren't eyesores enough for me to want to mess with them.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM

Before I added the fogs, I considered painting the black out panels body color. I really think that would look better than black. ?? I do like the look, even if not functional, of the fogs. I haven't seen fogs on eBay for a while now. Happy Summer.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Yeah... I haven't seen them much either. On rare occasion, I'll see a left or right one for $80. It isn't worth $160 to me to do away with the black panels... Granted, I did see an 08 on the dealer lot when I recently bought my 06 and it does look better. Just not $160 better.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:24 PM

Try these guys for Ford/Merc parts, Bob Utter Genuine Ford Parts, Sherman, TX. www.trademotion.com. Or search Google. I have found them cheaper on most parts.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:47 PM

Here's a pic of mine and the black panels don't look that bad after i've gotten used to them...cash still kinda tight with gas so expensvie so may just wait til later this year. with teh tinted windows, a little more black isn't bad, kinda look decent IMO...

Quick Reply: fogs on an 06