Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Light Switch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Default Light Switch Replacement

I have a 92 Grand Marquis LS. I have a faulty headlight switch I need to replace.

How do I get to it? Do I need to take the dash off to get to it?

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to replace this. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 PM

The first step is to remove the ****... This is done by contourting yourself into some very awkward positions, reaching up under the dash,pressing a little button on the side of the switch and pulling the **** and shaft out..

Name:  hlxps1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  16.2 KB

Then you would need to remove the trim bezel that goes around your gauges and such. After that you will see a nut on the front of the headlight switch.. Remove that nut and work the switch back out from under the dash until you can get the connector disconnected.. Reverse procedure to install..

While you have it out inspect the connector to the switch for melting and/or corrosion.. IF the connector is questionable you may need to replace it..

Old 12-14-2009, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by maxfax3
The first step is to remove the ****... This is done by contourting yourself into some very awkward positions, reaching up under the dash,pressing a little button on the side of the switch and pulling the **** and shaft out..

Then you would need to remove the trim bezel that goes around your gauges and such. After that you will see a nut on the front of the headlight switch.. Remove that nut and work the switch back out from under the dash until you can get the connector disconnected.. Reverse procedure to install..

While you have it out inspect the connector to the switch for melting and/or corrosion.. IF the connector is questionable you may need to replace it..
Thank you. Great tips. Will give it a try.