Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Pricing Help for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Station Wagon

Old 07-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Default Pricing Help for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Station Wagon

I need advice for pricing my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Station Wagon. She was previously fixed up by my Dad about 10 years ago, but since then she has experienced wear and tear and also has had some mechanical issues that come from being an older car. I bought her from my Dad about 2 years ago and I have made some repairs on her, but currently don't have the time or extra money to restore her to her full glory. I'm really hoping to find a buyer who wants to invest in her and fix her up because she is an awesome vehicle. I am having trouble figuring out a price to list her at since there aren't many Grand Marquis wagons out there for sale, and she is too old for most pricing guides. I'm including some photos along with a list of pros and cons to help establish condition. Any pricing advice would be appreciated. Photos can be here https://www.flickr.com/photos/146548795@N04/https://www.flickr.com/photos/146548795@N04/
Cons:
1. She needs a new AC compressor. She starts, but will not make it out of the neighborhood, so whoever buys her will have to tow her home.
2. There is a short somewhere in her wiring, so there is a relay switch to turn the battery completely off when she is not running.
3. The clear coat is peeling and the driver's door is dented. I have another door from a local salvage yard that I will give to whoever buys her so that it will be easier to repair.
4. She has leather seats, but there is a small tear on the driver's seat along the seam.
5. The molding around the windows need to be replaced.

Pros:
1. She has those amazing third row seats that are in immaculate condition.
2. She has a brand spanking new radiator.
3. The rear tires are a little over a year old.
4. I had a new starter installed in April of 2016.
5. She is one of a kind and very popular. Even with the dent and clear coat, people stop me and make a big deal out of her because she reminds them of family road trips or their childhood. Even teenagers have stopped me because they love that it's retro.
6. She only has 84,268 miles.
7. I had a new windshield installed about 18 months ago.