Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Windshield Wiper Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 04:24 PM
Question Windshield Wiper Linkage

I had my windshield replaced on my 2008 Grand Marquis, but in the process, the technician broke the splined shafts which the wiper arms mount onto, but I did not notice it for a few days, because he tried to epoxy my wiper arms onto the remaining portion of the shaft, so it wasn't immediately obvious at first. Yes, I've filed complaints with the Bureau of Automotive Repairs, and so on, but that is another story.

So, after digging into this a little bit deeper, I now realize that the internal linkage mechanism between each wiper arm became broken, and now it must be replaced. It doesn't look look like a bid deal, I changed my own intake manifold myself, but the problem I'm having is that none of the wrecking yards in my area have a Grand Marquis, Crown Vic, or even a Town Car which matches my vehicle.

So my question is, what range of Ford vehicles can I look at as possible donors for a wiper linkage (transmission) to my 08 Grand Marquis? Was the same linkage used in the SUVs? It appears that the Ford Part Number for my wiper linkage is, 8W7Z17566A or 8W7Z-17566-A. Also, slightly earlier Crown Vics seem to use a slightly different part number of, 6W7Z-17566-BA. Does anyone know if I can use the linkage mechanism from a slightly earlier car? Perhaps a 2003 or 2004?

Also, if anyone knows of a reliable website where I can buy an aftermarket replacement, I would appreciate it.

Old 09-17-2023, 03:32 AM

I doubt there is an aftermarket part available and would be surprised if OEM is still available. I would use the following site to locate a boneyard which has a G.M, Crown Vic or T.C. in stock. You may have to travel some to find one however.

www.car-parts.com

Old 09-17-2023, 08:35 PM

I checked at a couple of dealerships in my area, and they told me that Ford stopped supplying that part a few years ago. I checked with Dorman, and some of the chain auto parts stores, and they didn't have anything. However, I finally found one at a wrecking yard selling parts on Ebay, and now it is back together and working fine. Anyway, I will keep the link you sent for future use.