Mariner Discuss the Mercury Mariner here...

door keypad

Old 08-13-2008, 03:16 PM

My wife forgot the factory code for the door keypad and lost the card with the number on it. I looked under the dash but cannot find the hidden factory number. Does anyone have a more specific location?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Yes, it is confusing how the manual list it. They say it is on the computer. They do not mean that it is printed on the computer, rather it is stored on the computer. Your local dealer can hook the car up to the computer and pull the code for you. Most dealers will charge about $30 to do so (that''s what we charge anyway). Before you do that, I would check with your salesman. We store the door codes for our customers when we deliver the vehicle. Some of my salesmen will also write the code down to have a record. It has been a blessing for several of our customers. Especially to the ones that are prone to locking thier keys in the car.

On a side note, I would also recommend adding a personal code once you have the factory code. If you have a code that you will never forget, it will help you avoid this problem. To set a personal code. Enter the factory door code, hit the 1/2 button and enter your new 5 digit personal code. Wait a few moments and the doors will lock and unlock to let you know it has accepted the code.

www.libertylm.com