Mariner Discuss the Mercury Mariner here...

Sirius Radio in ’06 Mariner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Hi all,

My wife and I should receive our new premier Mariner next week. I currently have a Mountaineer and have a Sirius unit installed and love it. It seems the Mariner premium package will be Sirius ready but to date, no one at the dealership can give me a firm answer as to what comes with what they install. It's expensive I do know that but no other details.

Anyone here have any more information than that? By that, I mean does their unit exist outside the radio as my current setup does or is it all internal to the dash. Either way I just need to know but if it is an external unit, then I might just go grab something similar to what I have now and get it installed at Best Buy or Circuit City. BB did mine and it works fine.

Thanks much and more later when we get the Mariner. It's for my wife and she cannot wait!

Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM

I bought an 06 Premier in December and the Sirius Satellite Ready (keyword) and 6 disk in Dash cd player with MP3 capability was a major selling point for me. After I bought it I found that my MP3 cd's weren't playing. My dealership said they'd had it working before but I had never seen it first hand. I asked what file format they had the songs in and they said it was the standard MP3 format. Bottom line, my technologically inclined mind couldn't get it to work. They website was no help either. The satellite requires another piece but it all hooks intoyour factory radio and runs form that.Currently, only the dealer can get, and yes it is expensive...about 2x as much as an entire aftermarket set-up as in your Montainer. My buddy owns a custom audio dealer and he said he installed an aftermarket satelite piece on an 05 Mariner with this feature and it worked through the radio. He offered to try mine for free so I let him...it didn't work. They changed something inside and now Mercuryseems to havethe market "cornered" on the piece. As I said, the unitworks throughthe factory radio though and once installed will be very nice to have. All it is a harness that runs from the deck to the Satelitetransformer (installer should hide somewhere) and then to the antena that they put on your car. By the way, last i check in March the kit was on backorder for 3 months. Hope this helps, to see more details of my "Saga" check out my posting

https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum_p...D=464&PN=1

Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 PM

For the Sirius Radio, they have to install an antenna on the vehicle and new wiring harness. there are no additional displays or anything that are added. It will all run through your factory radio.

www.libertylm.com

Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Hi!

Congratulations on your new car!! its beautiful! I found pretty good info on http://www.radiosandmore.com/, hope it helps. LMS