Mariner Discuss the Mercury Mariner here...

Why did you buy a Mariner???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:02 AM

My wife and I are looking at either the ford escape and the mariner. Right now the escape has crazy incentives! I just graduated and have a ford already, meaning another 1000 theoretically off from the deal price. Tell me why I should consider the Mariner. I like how it looks.

Thanks for the help

Jeff & Kristina

Old 03-06-2006, 08:10 PM

I was in the same situation this past fall. I spent several months deciding on whether I wanted to by an Escape or Mariner. Basically, it comes down to what you like the best. The Mariner has some additonal features from the escapewith equal pricing. The interior packages are more "luxory" (this is what sold me). Incentives were not to much of a factor for me. I'd just returned from serving overseas and wanted to get what i wanted so if they are for you than that could make a difference also. I have 4 family member who all own escapes and all love them as much as I do my Mariner. Please check out my new posting though(2006 Mariner - SWEET RIDE)and read some of the shortocomingsI have found.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Good Luck!

Old 04-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Newbie, You may want to check with your local Mercury dealer. I bet they offer the save college savings as the Ford dealer. The incentives are based on where you live. I could check for you, but I would need your zip code. You can private message me if you would like. Okay, now that I read that it sounds wierd. I am the Internet Sales Manager at Liberty Lincoln Mercury in Winston-Salem, NC, so i have the ability to check the incentives for you.