Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

02 Mountaineer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:08 PM

Thanks for all your help.

I'm going to get the liftgate looked at next week.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:27 AM

I had the recal done on my 02 mountaineer. I drove it to florida afterwards. the Sunday after the recal was done the back window exploded. Took 2 days for mercury to acknowledge it was under warranty. I leased it new with a 45000 mile esp plan. after telling me it was under warranty they took a week to get a glass in. then they shipped it off to a body shop to have it worked on for 3 days. I called mercury. they called the dealer. that was the only wayi could get the thing hurried up. A week after picking the car up i asked to get it serviced and of course i was turned down. that after noon the ac went out. took it back to indiana and took it in weds to have the ac fixed and the rear window adjusted. window bounced when trying to shut it. next thing i know they have to keep it for 2 days. they ordered the wrone line for the ac. they told me i was wrong about the rear glass, and then came back half an hour later and said the trim was in the way. when iu got it back i found out the timing chain sprockets and other stuff had also been changed. anything else going to go wrong or is this about it. Last year one of the hinges fell off the window.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:53 PM

Unfortunatly youve had just about every problem that has come up with the 02 mountaineer. As for the windowbreakingit happens very rarely butFord has a specific procedure and torque setting for the glass hinges most likely it was tightened totight and stressed he glass and a good bump let it go. Ford is making it very difficult to replace the rear glass windows if they do break it is not just a simple replace it you have to call a warranty hotline and get a prior approval to replace the glass then you have to order it which unfortunaly can take days then it has to be painted and replaced. The recall you had completed will take care of that hinge problem you just had it before the recall was annoucned. As for the ac work thats a hit or miss problem not all of them have the problem but i have seen it. AS for the timing chain tentioner if it is a V-6 then yes at times the timing chain tensioners do get weak on that engine and will make a clacking ticking noise on first start up however they should have told you before doing the work especially if it was not one of your complaints when you dropped it off. Edited by: MercAdvisor

Old 04-11-2005, 06:05 PM

gEdited by: bkbigf0ot

Old 04-11-2005, 06:19 PM

could you please post the web site on which i can find out the info on my mountaineer. i have a 02, changed the recalled hinge about 2 month ago, had no problems, but now the fuel guage does'nt work all the time, any suggestion. does the warranty cover changing it???

any info would be appriciated

MAx

Old 04-11-2005, 08:27 PM

what kind of information are you looking for? I get most of my information from my experience in the dealership and a secure website for dealership employees only. As for the fuel guage unless the vehicle is still under bumper to bumper warranty or you have a extended warranty ford offers no exteneded warranty for fuel guage problems.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:29 PM

IM STILL UNDER BUMPER TO BUMPER, I HAVE 33,000MILES ON MINE AND STILL HAVE HALF A YEAR LEFT. THE BUMPER TO BUMPER SHOULD COVER IT. RIGHT?

Old 04-12-2005, 01:40 PM

AND THE THING WITH THE FUEL GUAGE IS THAT SOMETIMES IT WORKS BUT SOMETIMES IT WORKS FOR LIKE A SECOND WHEN I TURN ON THE CAR ANDTHEN IT DROPS TO EMPTY, I'D SAY IT WORKS 50% OF THE TIME, AND I DONT UNDARSTAND WHY, USUALLY WHEN THINGS DONT WORK THEY DONT WORK ALL THE TIME, RIGHT?

ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFULL