New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

93 Mercury Villager Minivan Shut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 PM

Hi I wanted to know if anyone has ever had the same problem with their mercury villager, today i pulled into the gas station to get gas. When I got to the pump the car stalled. Tried restarting It was cranking but not turning over. Had to have it towed. Thinking back for about a few days or so when I start the van it gives some trouble. Don''t know if one thing has to do with the other. Just wondering if anyone might know what it is, I was told maybe a sensor or module. Thank you.....

Old 01-23-2016, 12:07 PM

Fuel Cut off requires manual reset ( I think) it is in panel to left of brake

Old 07-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Default what did you do to fix it?

Originally Posted by mom''s villager
Hi I wanted to know if anyone has ever had the same problem with their mercury villager, today i pulled into the gas station to get gas. When I got to the pump the car stalled. Tried restarting It was cranking but not turning over. Had to have it towed. Thinking back for about a few days or so when I start the van it gives some trouble. Don''t know if one thing has to do with the other. Just wondering if anyone might know what it is, I was told maybe a sensor or module. Thank you.....

Mine died as i was accelerating off an entrance ramp onto the highway. It had been making noise like a piece of plastic clicking around in the air conditioner (except I dont have ac)... It made the noise a wek before and when I stomped on the gas then it stopped.... this time it stopped... for good. Any ideas folks???? My brother said it sounded like a timing chain? Another guy said maybe the distributor??? I dont have money for a mechanic so I have to do it myself... HELP!!! Its all I got.