New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hi from Miami (time for trouble)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 PM

It''s all about my parents ride. which I love 2, its a 1999 MGM in very good condition. They had the car since ithad only like 5k miles, currently it''s around 46k. Unfortunately some things have started togo wrong with this car. Like 1 month ago coil packs failed, we had the diagnostic from a mercury dealer, but since Im very mechanic inclined I replaced them myself, the car improved a lot, at that sametime I replaced the pitman and idler arms as well, cause they where making the squeak noise familiar to some MGM owners and what absolutely solved that especific problem. Couple of days after coil packs where replaced, the intake manifold cracked, my parents had a notification on a TSB for a warranty on the intake manifold but unfortunately when the part failed the warranty periodhad expired.

My father found out at the dealer that the intake price was around $600.00 bucks so we went for an aftermarket DORMAN unit for a lot less than the OEM one. I replaced the intake myself and everything was working in perfect order until my father told me that the car wasloosing some coolant. I checked for visible leaks but did not find anything so I removed the oil cap and found some coolant deposit in the inner part of the cap. I also removed the PCV valve two, and it showed some coolant desposit as well. Since the intake manifold has some coolant passages I think that it may have some manufacturing problems or cracks??

Another problem that has arrised with this car is that it has the air suspension and its showing an error message in the dashboard, I also have noticed that normally when the car is started it makes some kind of noise that I think to be the air compressor to the suspension which is not making any more noises what makes me thing that it''s not working.

Finally the last thing that is happening is that the idiot light for the alternator stays on like for 15-20 minutes after the car is turned on. I have checked with a volt meter and the charging system is working properly what makes me think that this is caused by some loose conection somewhere.

I would like to ask for some help to these problems!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

XJPRO.