New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Dude Here! Woo-Hoo......

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Thumbs up New Dude Here! Woo-Hoo......

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this spot. I'm here to get my recently acquired 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- a.k.a. "Green Hornet"- up and running right. I hope to dig in and read all I can and talk to whoever has the time about rolling in one of the last REAL(=Rear Wheel Drive) American Sedans ever made!!
If you know your stuff and would like to share your experiences, wisdom, and insight, I would most certainly appreciate all of your help.
I have plenty of plans for my new ride and I'll keep you posted of my progress.
As for now, I'm focused on getting her healthy by doing the basic preventive maintenance.
I just bought Duralast Spark Plug wires from Autozone and I'll be working on getting her to pass emissions. I also picked up an AutoScanner OBD-II Reader at Autozone. I want to know everything about Everything so I can do most of the maintenance myself!
Get back to me if you'd like to give me advice, constructive critcism, and even share some horror-stories of your own so I don't repeat those mistakes.
Thanks for all your help ahead of time. Talk to ya soon!