New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Newb here, ’91 Sable 3.0L

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 PM

Hey everyone, looking for answers to questions on my pretty much sad, sad Sable I got from my g/f and found this place and figured I would join.

The car is in rough shape, it still decent if the bumpers sides were not hanging and it got a new paint job.

Anyway, car was gonna be my g/f's but her sister gave her a '01 Corolla and the g/f said "take the sable" so I did. When I got it, it had no idle, turned out to be some idle motor or whatever lol and than it idled. But after being started it would sometimes go up and down rpm-wise. When I got it gas the check engine light came on and it would hesitate and than jump to a high rpm and when you get off it would basically bounce and than stall. So I thought it was the o2 sensor so I go and get one(figured it needed one anyway) and my dad and I fight to get the old one off and the new one on. Well I start it up and it seems fine, but does the same thing still.

So I am trying to figure out what else it could be. I flushed the radiator while at it and did an oil change, also put fresh gas in it and let it run for abit. Figured maybe it just needed to be started for awhile and get everything cycled throw.

Anyway, if anyone can assist I would appreciate it. Bout rready to sell it but I think once I get passed this it well be good, and after some other things too.

Also, anyone do the Sea-foam treatment and if some how do I do this. I heard you can put it right in the gas tank and it goes through and cleans it out real good. And I heard putting it in the crank case does wonders aswell, how would I get it in there?

Not a newb to cars, but this one gots me.