Sable Discuss the Mercury Sable here...

2005 Sable LS keypad code

Old 06-05-2007, 10:10 PM

I just purchased a 2005 Sable LS. Would you believe the dealer gave me the wrong spare key and the wrong keypad code, and he cannot find the correct one! The owner's manual states that the code is located on the computer module. Where the heck is the computer module, and what does it look like? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 PM

I don't think my 03 could be too much different. I bought it used also and wanted to know the factory code without paying the dealer $50. If the dealer messed up, they should make it right free of charge. Here are two other options.
Check the trunk hinge first. If not there, then look under the dashboard, drivers side, to the left of the brake pedal is a fuse block. Pull that fuse cover off.
At the rear of the fuse block (against the floorpan/firewall) you'll see a small white plastic/paper tab. This tab is only one inch long and one-quarter inch wide. You will probably have to be outside the car and on your knees to see that far back and up. You may have to fold the tab over a little, but thecode is on the tab. Also note the code may be reversed.Edited by: wyantwayne

Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
This is an old post but here's what I've determined:

The key code is on the PCM, HOWEVER, the PCM needs to be pulled as the code is on the back of the module. I can see and read Ford numbers identifying the PCM but they do not include the key code.

PCM is mounted in the firewall passenger side near center. Three boltsand very difficult to get at. Disconnect battery. Center bolt disconnects the wiring harness.

Ford charges $46 to retrieve the code electronically. My choice.My Sable is 2005 LSand didn't havethe code card. I didn't realize it wasnot there and inaccessable.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 AM

I got mine off the module(located inside the drivers side firewall)and I could see all the numbers on top. I just wrote down all of them and kept entering them until I got it. I think ford and lincoln are the only ones who put it on the trunk hinge. I think it is 5 digits and hit the last digit twice and it will pop the trunk. But like Wayne said, the dealer screwed up and should take care of it for you for FREE.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I ran every series of numbers on the PCM and added the last digit twice. No joy. I will get the dealers read near future and post the results comparison to PCM numbers. Reason the code is likely hidden is Ford tech response another website stated on the rear of the PCM. I note that ebay sellers of codes don't have for more recent models. They stop with 02 for Taurus. Least of concerns is entry code. It's a Ford.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 PM

So have you found it? It would bother me!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM

My 1995 sable lts has asticker on the inside of the trunk lid. Able to be seen by just looking up and to the right on the inside of the lid with the trunk open. I was told by a Mercury tech that was the most common place to look.