Tires What skins are you rollin' around on...? Discuss wrapping your rims in here...

'93 Grand Marquis - Goodyear Fuel Max

Old 06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Default '93 Grand Marquis - Goodyear Fuel Max

Just got a new set of shoes on my boat.

Goodyear Fuel Max. They're relatively new, just came out in February '09. I like the ride feel and their overall traction. A good choice in my opinion. They're supposed to save an estimated 2,600 miles of fuel over their tread life.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:38 PM

i was going to buy a set from the Tire Rack for my wife's Elantra but most of the reviews and ratings scared me off.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 AM

have you been keeping track of the "supposed" mileage increase?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by conan312
have you been keeping track of the "supposed" mileage increase?
No, truthfully I haven't. A few months prior to getting them I started adding acetone to the fuel to increase mileage. It's working, up to 21 mpg from 16. The tires haven't really made a difference, but I can say they are 'squishier' on the road. My old tires were terrible though so this was like riding on a magic carpet. I can now confidently stop in the rain and take of from a light without skidding or spinning the tires.

Just to track back to the mileage.. It's only supposed to save 2,500 miles of gas over their lifetime of what, seven years? If I drive 13,000 miles a year (majority average) for seven years, that's 91,000 and only a 2.74% difference. I can't quite figure out how to calculate the rest, but It seems to be a very miniscule difference and a tiny, incalculable change. If you want to try, have at it. I bought them for a selling point, if I ever decide to sell the car or it's tires, and their minute difference in price from my original choice of tire.

Last edited by crazyrog17; 07-14-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:52 AM

just for your info, acetone has a lower octane than gasoline. it will decrease mileage... UNLESS it's cleaned out some gunk. a bottle of fuel system cleaner will work just as good and get the job done in one or two tanks instead of 10. The danger of using acetone is that it will (not if) eat through rubber lines. The problem is how long it will take.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:41 PM

i have fuel max tires...i love them

Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Default Energy Efficient Tires

Hello All,

Some interesting points here...we are seeing the future of tire technology and although the first production run or two of product will not save the environment but rather this first generation in the market place will be the beginning of a highly efficient tire once adopted by the masses will a measurement of the environmental impact-one; to make the product and two; the savings and benefit. Automotive manufacturers are reducing friction to increase "rollability", my term for cruising w/o gas while maintaining a consistent speed. This all helps lower our fuel use until Mercury comes out with a mobile nuke reactor for my Milan.

So, what do you folks suggest in a replacement tire set for my '07 Milan I4 Premier???
Michelin MXM4 Pilot is on the car now, rides really nice. $250.00 each!!!! Any alternatives???

Many Thanks,

Ed

Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Ford already thought about the nuke powered car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM

Can you imagine all the mini cloud bursts and flash/bang from all the rush hour wrecks???

Ed

Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 PM

hence the reason Ford didn't build them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '93 Grand Marquis - Goodyear Fuel Max